Wednesday, September 10, 2008

He Without Sin

The decision to not allow Elizabeth May to participate in the debates has caused much fury on blogs of all political shades. I have said earlier that I fundamentally disagree with this decision and that the Green Party is a legitimate political entity in Canada and should be allowed a hearing.

What strikes me as slightly jarring is that many of the blogs that demand free speech for Elizabeth are not so quick to hand it out themselves. Far to many blogs have moderated comments or force people to register if they wish to comment. This means that as a reader I am not fully confident that I am seeing a genuine reaction from the blogger's audience.

I appreciate the difficulty with "trolls" and offensive comments but if you are going to stand up for free speech then you really need to practice what you preach.

No comments: